Tuesday, September 20, 2011

appreciating the little things...

Its been 3 weeks living in Virginia and I'm really enjoying it. It's not a big difference from where I lived before but   it's cool and my hair is loving the humidity! I'm almost settled in. I got a job and I'll be starting school next month, winning! 

I'm so thankful to have family who cares enough to take me into their home. I've came from  a not so good situation. Every month my mom and I were walking on egg shells, we had no idea if we would be homeless, and sharing a bedroom with the moms was not a good time, the fridge was empty (until foodstamps whoo!) and I was selling my clothes for gas money. It was definatly a stressful time, but we got through it.

 Now I have my own bedroom and bathroom, downstairs in the refurbished basement. Lord knows I am grateful. It's crazy how you can take the simplest things for granted until they're stripped from you. I take so much pride in my stuff nowadays, also with me having to buy all my stuff unlike back when I was a teenager. I feel so comfortable and peaceful, I can sleep at night. This is what I call home. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment